[labnetwork] SVG track coaters

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 23 13:23:42 EDT 2012

Leif:

Like, Rick, we at Stanford University also have a collection of SVG coat
and develop tracks and have also used AZN and AIO for support.  A third
company that we us for support of these tracks is Pico Track
(www.picotrack.com) that is also located in Silicon Valley.

It is probably worth discussing which series of SVG system you are
considering.  We have the older 8600 series in use in our lab (two
dual-track coat systems and one dual-track develop system) ... which are
still supported by the previously mentioned third-party companies.  My
guess is that some universities and research labs also have the somewhat
newer (but still pretty old ....) 8800 series.

As all of our experience is with the 8600 series, I'm not qualified to
comment on differences in reliability, performance, or availability of
support between the 8600 and 8800 series.  I believe that we have been
generally pretty happy with the performance of the 8600 series ...
although all track systems seem to have a fair amount of cleaning and
support involved that increases if you plan to use high-viscosity
resists for thick layers.  Getting long life out of pumps used for
high-viscosity resists seem to be an ongoing challenge (and expense ...).

If there are more specific questions, I'm confident that I can get our
folks that support these tracks on a daily basis to provide more
detailed comments.

Good luck,

John