[labnetwork] Anneal temp for aluminum on silicon with forming gas

Fouad Karouta fouad.karouta at anu.edu.au
Tue Nov 13 17:07:40 EST 2012

Hi Julia,

Pure H2 is commonly used in epitaxy reactors at temperature well above
600°C. MOCVD of GaAs/AlGaAs is performed at T=600-800C.

In the past I did liquid phase epitaxy of GaAs/AlGaAs around 800C in pure
H2.

Moreover Flammability of H2 in air is between 4 to 80%. So in inert gas like
N2 the flammability are different.

Hope this would help.

Fouad Karouta

Facility Manager ANFF ACT Node

Research School of Physics and Engineering

Australian National University

ACT 0200, Canberra, Australia

Tel: + 61 2 6125 7174

Mob: + 61 451 046 412