[labnetwork] Oxide growth in Nitrogen

Savitha P savitha.p at ece.iisc.ernet.in
Mon Feb 11 06:22:49 EST 2013

Dear Colleagues:

 We had done a N2 anneal in our atmospheric furnace for 10hrs at 1100 deg
C, substrate was silicon <100>, P-type. The oxide thickness obtained was
~16nm (variation of 15.2 - 17.6nm). For one hr anneal, the thickness
obtained was ~5nm. It would be really helpful if we could know the silicon
dioxide thickness expected for N2 annealing experiments. The percentage of
O2 impurity in our N2 is supposed to be <1.000 ppb according to our
purifier specs.

Regards,

Savitha

--