[labnetwork] ASE alumina chamber clean procedure

Errol V. Porter evporte at uark.edu
Mon May 6 14:59:56 EDT 2013

Greetings,

I am cleaning an alumina cylinder from an STS (now STPS) advanced silicon etcher and looking for advice on the proper procedure to remove the interior coating. I remember the OEM indicating only a CO2 blast cleaning is needed. I have a reputable vendor indicating a bead-blast, chemical clean, detail and bake is needed to properly condition the part. Has anyone else had to clean an STS ASE alumina chamber before and if so, what procedure/vendor did you use to properly clean the cylinder?

Regards,

Errol Porter
University of Arkansas / HiDEC
700 W. Research Center Blvd