[labnetwork] Staff Consulting

Aebersold,Julia W. julia.aebersold at louisville.edu
Thu Jan 2 11:09:47 EST 2014

Our university has a painful program in place for staff members to use the facility for consulting work or for their personal usage.  First, conflict of interest (COI) documents have to be signed.  Once approval is garnered and an oversight program is established then the staff member is treated as an outside user during their processing.  They have to sign a user laboratory agreement, carry insurance and are charged as an external user.

I really hope there are simpler programs out there that maybe we could emulate.

Cheers!

Julia Aebersold, Ph.D.
MNTC Cleanroom Manager
Shumaker Research Building, Room 233