[labnetwork] Anhydrous HCl best practices

Bob Hamilton roberthamilton at berkeley.edu
Thu Jun 12 12:56:05 EDT 2014

Tom Britton,

Thank you for your insight.

The Marvell NanoLab is about to commission an HCl feed to an epi system.
We are planning to add a purifier in series with the pigtail from the
cylinder to the panel. When one installs such a purifier is it normal
practice to plumb a shunt around it to use during
trickle-purging/cylinder changes? Although a new term to me, we have
made it a practice to reverse-feed N2 through pigtails, to the DISS,
during cylinder changes, with good benefit.

Also, if one install a reactive HCl purifier does this give an
opportunity to step-down a level in gas purity for HCl, assuming it
meets a < 1ppm H2O content?

Bob Hamilton

--
Robert Hamilton