[labnetwork] Cleaning of SS chambers with Acetic Acid

Paolini, Steven spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 18 15:55:31 EDT 2014

Kamal,
   My concern is of the black material. Copper oxide is usually greenish and I don’t think it would form if you were not doing reactive sputtering with O2. Sputtering targets, particularly gold ones, are bonded to the copper with indium which is grey-black. Indium is used for its low temperature melting point and high thermal conductivity. I would send a sample of the material (on a wipe) for analysis before planning a cleaning strategy.
Steve Paolini
Equipment Dood
Harvard University Center for Nanoscale systems.