[labnetwork] KOH etch of silicon

Chen Yulong (Frank) chenyl at mail.sustc.edu.cn
Wed Aug 23 01:52:33 EDT 2017

Hi mario beaudoin and Mathilde Isabelle Barriet

The KOH etch condition used in my lab is 40% by weight and 50 degree Celsius.

You can get the etch rate by http://www.lelandstanfordjunior.com/KOH.html,

I use electronic grade KOH solution provided by China supplier, so I didn`t check the metal contamination. If you want to remove the potassium ion after the etch process is done, I recommend you put the wafer into hot or boiled water or SC-2 of the RCA clean.

Regards,

陈宇龙(CHEN Yulong) PhD Student
SUSTech  http://www.sustc.edu.cn/en/
Tel: +86-18589050065