[labnetwork] KOH etch of silicon

Mario Beaudoin beaudoin at physics.ubc.ca
Tue Aug 22 14:26:18 EDT 2017

Transene sells Si etchants and the condensing glassware to do these
types of jobs.  http://transene.com/si/

Le 11/08/2017 à 6:03 AM, Mathilde Isabelle Barriet a écrit :
> Dear All,
>
> I have a user who wants to do KOH etch of silicon but since we do not have an established process in the lab, I am wondering if I could get some practical guidance on the best set ups.
>
> Also, this user is especially concerned about contaminating his Si wafers with metals so I wonder what degree of purity of KOH is commonly used and if buying the best quality available make a difference on the Si contamination or not.
>
> If anyone has experience with this, please let me know.
>
> Thanks
> Mathilde
>
> Senior Engineer
> NTNU NanoLab
> ----------------------------
> Sem Sælands vei 14, K1-113
> NO-7491 Trondheim
> +47 91 89 72 08
> www.ntnu.no/nanolab

*Mario Beaudoin, Ph.D.*

Research Associate

Advanced Nanofabrication Facility (ANF)

Advanced Materials and Process Engineering Lab (AMPEL)

University of British Columbia

2355 East Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

Tel: 604-822-1853

web: www.nanofab.ubc.ca