[labnetwork] Processing alternatives during extended etch tool downtime (LAM 9400)

Kevin Owen kjvowen at lnf.umich.edu
Fri Feb 23 16:45:26 EST 2018

Happy Friday, everyone!

We're having some controller issues with our LAM 9400SE and LAM has now
extended us to a 6 week lead time on the board we *hope* will solve the
problem, so in the meantime we are looking for alternative locations for
some of our users to be able to continue their processing. The tool
supports a plethora of processes, many of which we should be able to
transfer in-house to other equipment, but there are some needs we won't be
able to fill. While I don't have any specific requests yet (we only just
notified the users of the extension of the downtime), I suspect the areas
we will need support in will be mostly:

   - pieces, 100, 150 mm Cl/HBr processing (mainly poly-Si)
   - 100-150 mm Cl/BCl3 processing (III-V and III-nitride and maybe a few
   others)

If your lab might be willing to help some of these users (either via remote
processing or sending the user on-site), please let me know what equipment
you have that would support these processes and any material/size/process
restrictions you have for the tools.

For reference, our tool configuration and approved materials are detailed
on our wiki (LAM 9400 <http://lnf-wiki.eecs.umich.edu/wiki/LAM_9400>).
There are some additional materials that may be approved in certain
situations (e.g. buried by PR or another material), but we will be working
with each user individually to determine what process they need and what
other materials are present on their samples in order to direct them
appropriately.

Thanks,
Kevin

--