[labnetwork] HSQ developer compatible with AlN for electron beam lithography (EBL)

Kevin Owen kjvowen at lnf.umich.edu
Thu Mar 7 17:05:34 EST 2019

Edmond,

For positive photoresists that develop in TMAH, we used to use CD-30
developer (an alkaline phosphate salt) when exposing AlN. It's no longer
sold, I believe, but instead you can buy "Microposit Developer Concentrate"
which is the same thing but needs dilution in DI to have the same
concentration. I do not know if it would work for HSQ, I just know it
worked for other TMAH-developed resists (e.g. SPR, S1800, etc).

-Kevin

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 5:06 PM Edmond Chow <kchow10 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are trying to pattern HSQ with EBL on AlN film substrate,. We typically
> use 2.2%TMAH (MF 319)as our HSQ developer.
> However TMAH will attach AlN film and cause problem for our sample.
>
> Does anyone has some HSQ developer that is compatible with AlN?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Edmond

Kevin Owen
Senior Engineer in Research
Operations Group, Lurie Nanofabrication Facility
University of Michigan
(734) 545-4014