[labnetwork] HSQ developer compatible with AlN for electron beam lithography (EBL)

Michael Rooks michael.rooks at yale.edu
Wed Mar 6 23:15:01 EST 2019

TMAH and NaOH will both attack aluminum, but you can use a thin layer of
PMMA under the HSQ, to protect the substrate. Then after development,
use a brief oxygen plasma to clear away the PMMA. Oxygen will not etch
HSQ at all.

There is also some sort of buffered photoresist developer just for
aluminum, but I've never tried that for HSQ.

Michael Rooks
Yale Institute for Nanoscience and Quantum Engineering
nano.yale.edu