[labnetwork] Conformal electron beam resist coating over 3D structures

Kamal Yadav kamal.yadav at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 16:39:13 EDT 2020

Hi Adam,

Spray coating does make sense. For something like AZ 9260, 520 Cps, diluted
with acetone 90%, you need atleast few tens of micron trench depth to have
conformal coating. Less trench depth than that spray works as if spin
coated with this resist and dilution.

Now your case is different. The resist is thinner or with lower viscosity
and you have a hill instead of trench, both of which may work in your
favor. I would check with SUSS Microtec or similar vendor for this
application.

Also dry resist film application may damage your features and may not work
as well, but worth looking into, I think.

Do you need conformal coating or just protect the features, that will also
be critical to understand.

Thanks,
Kamal