[labnetwork] GCA/MANN 3600F Pattern Generator support

Greg Mullins gregmullins at berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 4 18:56:59 EST 2020

Yeah Mike...I was going to recommend Matt...as he’s still servicing many of
these early tools.

There are some minor differences on the early systems like the PG, but
usually if you don’t start tweaking the stage servo pots, you can get the
stage mechanics back in shape and it should play nice.

An important pm service is an annual stage pull... where are you remove the
stages from the system and clean them all up...the undersides have some
bearings and Rulon shoes, as well as rack and pinion gearing that need to
be cleaned up and lubricated, as well as cleaning and re-lubricating the
surfaces that these shoes slide on. We call them keys and ways.  If the
stage doesn’t move freely by its design, because of gunked up oil
underneath the stage where you can’t reach for cleaning, it definitely
slows them down and that’s when you start getting into timing issues on a
pattern generator as it’s trying to originate...hence Auto Focus failure
(which tends to be the first error message in the software that it likes to
toss out).

I’ve also found that if the speed of the stage during OG is too slow to
reach the load position, autofocus failure...so it’s a balance game.

Check in with Matt and see how that goes!!

Best,
G~

Email: gregmullins at berkeley.edu