[labnetwork] Sloped Sidewalls for Photoresist

Sa'ad H saad_m_hassan at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 17 11:07:45 EST 2020

Good Morning Everyone,

I trust everyone is well. I have been working on defining lithographic features that are lines separated by trenches both of which are 800nm wide.

I am getting adequate resolution, i.e, the lines are very close to spec. But the sidewalls slope significantly as can be seen in the attached picture.

My wafer is fabricated as follows:

  1.   Bare Silicon Wafer
  2.  HMDS
  3.  Backside Antireflective Coating (XHiRC-16)
  4.  SPR-955 - 6000 rpm spin - PR thickness - 800nm
  5.  Bake 90 Celsius for 90 seconds
  6.  Exposure - 125 mJ/cm2 in a contact aligner
  7.  Development 1 minute with ultrasonic

[cid:f7fd4dca-63e7-4b8e-a0d8-a8e0e7b58cd5]

Does anyone know how I can achieve nice vertical sidewalls?

Cheers,
Sa'ad