[labnetwork] Dry etching Zinc Sulfide and/or Zinc Selenide bulk samples

Demis D. John demis at ece.ucsb.edu
Fri Feb 14 00:02:28 EST 2020

We have a relatively successful recipe which works with both ZnS & ZnSe:
https://wiki.nanotech.ucsb.edu/wiki/index.php/RIE_Etching_Recipes#ZnS_Etching_.28RIE_2.29
– Methane/Hydrogen RIE etch.

This is on one of our older Capacitive RIE systems:
https://wiki.nanotech.ucsb.edu/wiki/index.php/RIE_2_(MRC)
We do have some very sensitive etches on this tool, and long ZnS etches did
not appear to cause any visible problems to those.
-- Demis

           demis at ucsb.edu
*   Process Scientist Manager*
 UCSB Nanofabrication Facility <https://www.nanotech.ucsb.edu/>