[labnetwork] Thermal uniformity measurement of RTA/RTP tools

Jeff Salzmann jsalzmann at pcb.com
Wed Feb 19 09:35:42 EST 2020

Fred,

I’ve had success getting the uniformity characterized by growing a thin oxide on a bare Si wafer. I ran it flowing oxygen at 1100°C, no chlorine or anything else. Use a <111> wafer if possible, that’ll grow faster so you’ll get a thicker oxide for less process time.

I can’t recall if you can get lamp intensity control on the 610; that said, what I did was design an experiment around the bank intensities and grow oxides until the oxide uniformity was as good as I was able to set it. Using the Deal-Grove model, I was able to get ± 3°C thermal uniformity at 1100°C.

Good luck!!

Jeff

Jeff Salzmann
Design Engineer III, Research and Development
PCB Piezotronics
3425 Walden Avenue
Depew, NY 14043