[labnetwork] HF compatible container for single wafer dipping

Chito Kendrick cekendri at mtu.edu
Tue Feb 25 11:12:05 EST 2020

Dear,

Before I spend a whole lot of time fabricating a container, I do have a
plastic welder, I want to see if anyone knows of a company that sells
narrow containers with a flat stable bottom for single wafer dipping of
wafers.

We have a fairly standard wet bench for processing wafers by
RCA/HF/solvents. However this means we need to have at least 10L of
chemicals to cover 25 4" wafers in a standard carrier if we want to use the
bench baths. For single wafers we have flat containers to use less HF, but
students have a lot of issues with getting wafers in/out with teflon
tweezers and with the extra PPE gloves. We do have holders for single
wafers, but with the amount of processing we are currently doing 10L of 5%
HF or 6:1 BOE is just a waste for the odd wafer and leaving HF in the bath
does lead to it reducing in volume.

Therefore, I am looking for a container that is 1"x5"x8" (WxDxH) and has a
large base as it will be top heavy being so narrow. This will allow wafer
dipping with the holders and removes handling issues.

Regards,

Chito Kendrick

--
Chito Kendrick Ph.D. <https://sites.google.com/site/chitokendrickphd/>

Managing Director of the Microfabrication Facility
Research Assistant Professor
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Michigan Technological University
Room 436 M&M Building