[labnetwork] KLA P7 profiler and Bruker DektakXT DXT-A

N Shane Patrick patricns at uw.edu
Tue Feb 25 11:01:15 EST 2020

Hi Edmond,

We have a ~5 year old Dektak-XT that was bought to support our two other older profilometers. We’ve been pleased with the accuracy and general performance, but the software can be a bit glitchy at times. We’ve also found KLA/Tencor’s software’s automation functions (for scanning repetitive features across a large area) to be easier and more reliable than than Bruker’s. I still personally prefer the Dektak, but it has its drawbacks as with any tool.

N. Shane Patrick
Manager, Lab Operations and Safety
Electron Beam Lithography
Washington Nanofabrication Facility (WNF)
National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure (NNCI)
University of Washington - NanoES
Fluke Hall 129, Box 352143
(206) 221-1045
patricns at uw.edu <mailto:patricns at uw.edu>