[labnetwork] Savannah ALD GUI crash - empties the N2 cylinder

Eric Deguns edeguns at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 13:10:54 EST 2020

Dear Youry,

I'm one of the original folks from Cambridge Nanotech.  I (along with the
rest of the Cambridge NanoTech ALD group) am/arewith Veeco and we are still
supporting these tools.

We haven't seen the situation you describe (with the MFC failing open) with
over 400 installed Savannahs.  Indeed the safety concepts for the system
are supposed to prevent this.  A few years back I recall that Columbia had
their MFC reworked/refurbished via a third party. I'm wondering if this is
the root cause of the situation that you describe - there is some subtle
differences between the vent/fast-vent of the MFCs.

Please feel free to contact me directly at edeguns at veeco.com or my
colleagues at ALDsupport at veeco.com and we can try and help you as best we
can.

Many thanks in advance,