[labnetwork] Hotplate options for resist baking

Price, Aimee price.798 at osu.edu
Tue Jul 6 12:40:37 EDT 2021

Hello everyone,
We are looking for a  couple standalone hotplates for resist soft and hard bakes.  We have one nice, uniform hotplate attached to one of our CEE coaters.  However, it takes a long time to change temps and doesn’t get used as much as it should.  The lab hotplates we have are ok for general lab use and not cheap, but are not uniform or reproducible enough for resist baking for sensitive processes (I think that means all processes😊).

I’m sure I’ll be overwhelmed with ideas, so thanks in advance.  What are your suggestions for resist bake hotplates with uniformity of at least +/- 1 deg F?  I do not necessarily need vacuum or proximity, in fact would likely rather not have those options.

Best,
Aimee

Sr. Research Associate
The Ohio State University