[labnetwork] HSQ Alternatives

Lapointe, Jean Jean.Lapointe at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Thu May 6 18:23:57 EDT 2021

HI Long,

Also have a look at Dischem’s HSiQ made from the powder. It is cheaper than Dow Corning’s XR-1541 and the lead time is shorter than 2 weeks.
The Dischem HSiQ behaves almost the same as Dow’s but requires different bake conditions and needs to be filtered upon dispensing.

The Medusa resist has a slightly different composition (not really HSQ)  and we had severe adhesion issue to Si. It was only used for some initial test a few years ago but could not be used to pattern any submicron structures. Someone may have more recent results…

Jean