[labnetwork] plasma etching of niobium

Kamal Yadav kamal.yadav at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 23:07:34 EDT 2021

Hi Manish,

Will positive resist give you 45 degree walls for some dose & focus
condition in your exposure tool, probably that's possible, I think if you
explore the range. And then if you dry etch, the profile should transfer to
Nb in CF4 chemistry or the chemistry you want to use. Your mask needs to be
made (shifted) accordingly such that your features are trapezoidal, smaller
dimension on top.

Not sure if you have considered this.

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 5:11 PM Manish Keswani <manish.keswani01 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Happy Friday Everyone,
>
> I have a question about the plasma etching of Niobium. One of our
> customers is interested in creating sloped sidewall (45 deg, trapezoidal)
> patterns in Nb (500 nm thick film). Although we have some experience
> creating similar patterns in silicon and have a general idea about which
> direction to go in terms of process parameters, we have not done this for
> Nb. The features are 600 microns x 600 microns or 3 microns x 600 microns
> openings after the Litho step.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Manish Keswani