[labnetwork] Hold time after fusion bond

JEFFREY MATTHEW NICOLAS MC KAY jeffmckay at ucla.edu
Thu Oct 14 17:40:30 EDT 2021

Hi Rob,

Is there any reason to hold the pair before the anneal, some other
processing being done? I assume you are doing manual wafer bonding (not
tool assisted)? During graduate work, we made a lot of manual hydrophilic
SiO2-SiO2 bonds, and did not notice any degradation on holding off anneals
in terms of bond strength/bond area for sample weeks+ old (samples kept in
~70 F environment, low humidity).

Kind Regards,
Jeff McKay