[labnetwork] Question about Ocean Optics Nanocalc-DUV

Malhotra, Sandra Guy sandra.malhotra at tamu.edu
Tue Oct 19 16:49:59 EDT 2021

Howdy All,
We recently encountered a situation where the halogen bulb in our Ocean Optics Nanocalc-DUV spectrometer stopped functioning and only the deuterium bulb was working, but this was not apparent, so we continued making measurements and generated some incorrect refractive index data. For those that have this type of instrument: is there a standard sample that we could run or tool parameters that we could check to ensure the health of the tool prior to making measurements?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Sandra G. Malhotra, Ph.D.  |  Technical Lab Manager
AggieFab Nanofabrication Facility
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, College of Engineering | Texas A&M University
3253 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843
ph: 979.845.3199  |  s<mailto:hprichard at tamu.edu>andra.malhotra at tamu.edu<mailto:andra.malhotra at tamu.edu>