[labnetwork] Fwd: Large-scale Nanopatterning

William Kiether wjkiethe at ncsu.edu
Fri Mar 11 15:48:06 EST 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: William Kiether <wjkiethe at ncsu.edu>
Date: Mon, Mar 7, 2022 at 10:49 AM
Subject: Re: [labnetwork] Large-scale Nanopatterning
To: Chang, Long <lvchang at central.uh.edu>

Hi,

We've been working with a company Smart Materials that uses a nanoimprint
process to do this level of lithography.  Their response to my inquiry is
below:

We can certainly make features with a 500nm center-to-center spacing on a
hexagonal lattice very rapidly. We can pattern the master mold at a rate of
about a square inch per minute and then use nanoimprint lithography to
replicate the entire nanopattern in a matter of minutes. That said, there
are some caveats. For example, nanoimprint lithography will result in a
residual resist layer that must be descummed prior to any etching steps.
We're also likely to have more defects than EBL.

You're welcome to refer Long to information on our website (
https://www.smartmaterialsolutions.com/tech/nanocoining), and we'd be happy
to set up a discussion if he is interested in learning more.

Bill Kiether

NCSU Nanofabrication Facility