[labnetwork] Ti Sputtering with a Lesker Torus MagKeeper without a backing plate

Michael Yakimov yakimom at sunypoly.edu
Tue Aug 15 15:59:26 EDT 2023

You absolutely need a magnetic keeper, but Cu backing isnt mandatory.
What I did in exact same situation was drilling a hole in a target to 3/4 depth (used lathe for centering) and threaded it with a bottoming tap. Then screw keeper to target using a vacuum screw.
Gluing a keeper with epoxy or a through hole with Ti screw are other options.