[labnetwork] Ti Sputtering with a Lesker Torus MagKeeper without a backing plate

Welander, Paul B. welander at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 15 16:36:40 EDT 2023

Tucson,

We also have a Pro-Line sputtering system from Lesker with Torus Mag-Keeper guns. We've sputtered Ti in this system, and our 1/4"-thick target has the keeper "washer" screwed directly into the back of the target. Lesker will typically offer this where they can drill and tap directly into the target material, and only utilize a backing plate where necessary.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Paul

Paul B. Welander, Ph.D.
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory