[labnetwork] Habitual late payments from external clients

Iulian Codreanu codreanu at udel.edu
Tue Mar 21 16:24:50 EDT 2023

Hi Julia,

Here at UD, our cashier's office sends out monthly invoices to external
users on our behalf. The nice thing about it is that the cashier's
office transfers money into our account based on the invoiced amounts.

We are of course responsible for contacting the customers who are late
on their payments. We have not had to enlist the help of any collection
agencies (the user agreement would come in handy) but I had to remind
some folks that some of their invoices were "very past due", i.e. over
120 days. So far we were able to have our invoices paid but it takes
some effort from the person who does our billing and from me.

I do not know how well a suggestion to charge interest on late payments
would be received by my finance folks when I am not allowed to pass on
the credit card fees for those who use that payment method.

Cheers,

Iulian

iulian Codreanu, Ph.D.
Director, Nanofabrication Facility