[labnetwork] Reliable Hot Plates (for baking resist)?

Hollingshead, Dave hollingshead.19 at osu.edu
Thu Oct 19 12:15:39 EDT 2023

We also use a CEE hotplate connected to a spin coater and it has been excellent. Other than replacing the temperature controller it has be rock solid for years. It does take a long time to change temps so we typically keep it set at 115C for our standard bake processes.

We recently bought a Wenesco standalone unit that has performed very well: https://www.wenesco.com/wenesco-hot-plates. It has a smaller surface area (6” x 6”) than the CEE and heats and cools slightly faster. For most of our bake temps it stabilizes within ~10 minutes.

-Dave
Dave Hollingshead
Manager, Research Operations

The Ohio State University
Nanotech West Labs
Suite 100, 1381 Kinnear Rd, Columbus, OH 43212
614.292.1355 Office
hollingshead.19 at osu.edu<mailto:hollingshead.19 at osu.edu> / nanotech.osu.edu<http://nanotech.osu.edu>