[labnetwork] 100% Silane Bottle Changing

Iulian Codreanu codreanu at udel.edu
Tue Jun 11 16:31:15 EDT 2013

There may be a slightly safer way for leak checking the pigtail to
cylinder valve connection.  This is done by filling the pigtail with a
He containing gas as part of the Post Purge (this can be included in the
Post Purge sequence by the gas cabinet manufacturer) and using a hand
held He leak checker.  I use He or a H2/N2 mixture for the purge gas;
this is more expensive than N2 but worth it.  With Silane and other high
pressure nasty gases I do both a low pressure leak check and a high
pressure leak check.

iulian Codreanu, Ph.D.
Director of Operations, UD Nanofab
149 Evans Hall