[labnetwork] Cleaning of cold trap from DRIE system

Steve Pritchett spritchett at eng.utah.edu
Tue Jun 21 11:19:15 EDT 2016

Hi Lino,
I have used the LN2 method to clean out a bellows on a DRIE system. It did
cause the deposits to flake off with ends capped and shaking. Per safety
instruction we did this in a fume hood and disposed of deposits as hazardous
waste due to toxic S2F10 etch byproducts. In hind sight if my time is worth
anything it was not very cost effective. I just didn't have a spare bellows
on-hand and time was a consideration.
Good luck,
Steve Pritchett
Sr Process Eng.