[labnetwork] RIE through Silicon

Jeremy Upham jupham at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 23:07:42 EDT 2022

I think your plan could work, so I'm not sure that I see the problem

In my experience the carbon in the PR can contribute to the plasma
chemistry and affect the etch, so I tend to use vacuum grease as a
thermally conducting binder between the etched sample and the backing wafer
instead. Though your system may well work for your recipe.

Hope that helps,

Jer Upham PhD
Senior Lab Manager / Research Scientist
Quantum Photonics Group